Hive >> mail # user >> Hive MAP to HBase Column Family

Hive MAP to HBase Column Family
Reading through the documentation, I came across the following to use a map
to access a whole column family:
CREATE TABLE hbase_table_1(value map<string,int>, row_key int)
STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
WITH SERDEPROPERTIES (
"hbase.columns.mapping" = "cf:,:key"
);
Now since we are mapping map<string,int> to the hbase column family cf,does
it imply that all columns in the column family cf are expected to hold an
int value? If that is true, isn't that a very strict restriction for using
this type of format?

Thanks for the help,

Swarnim