Accumulo >> mail # dev >> No init scripts or native sources in -bin distribution?

+
Michael Berman 2013-05-17, 18:05
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 18:30
Re: No init scripts or native sources in -bin distribution?
I think those scripts should be includes. They are useful and they do work
on both RHEL based and debian based systems. What was the reasoning for not
including them in the bin release?
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We've been discussing on the user list whether to include source for
> native maps in the binary tarball. The consensus is slowly going
> towards that we should do so, and may end up in RC4.
>
> There are init scripts in the source tarball (assemble/scripts). They
> may or may not work well. We've discussed using supervisor,
> commons-daemon, or jsw, or something similar to support cross-platform
> service startup/monitoring, but that wasn't a planned feature for 1.5.
> If they do need to be included, I think it should be discussed, as
> there is a risk associated with packaging that looks like it will work
> out of the box, but really doesn't.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Michael Berman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I just downloaded the 1.5 RC3 tarball from
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-007/org/apache/accumulo/accumulo/1.5.0/accumulo-1.5.0-bin.tar.gz
> ,
> > and was surprised to not find the init installer scripts (for example
> > stand-alone-init.sh) or the native library *.cpps anywhere in the tree.
>  Is
> > there some different artifact I should be using for "everything I need to
> > install and run accumulo"?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Michael

+