MapReduce >> mail # user >> Custom File reader

Custom File reader
I have a number of files which can be read and converted into a series of
lines of lext - however the means of reading the
file is not known to the standard Hadoop splitters. I understand that I can
Override FileInputFormat to set isSplitable to false -
I am a little unclear on how to get the Job to Use my version of
that FileInputFormat  and nowhere do I see a place to
override the code for reading the file and converting it to lines of text.
Anyone know how to do this??

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
Institute for Systems Biology