Hadoop >> mail # general >> LimitedPrivate and HBase

Re: LimitedPrivate and HBase
On Mon, 6/6/11, Allen Wittenauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     So, no, HBase does not actually use public APIs....

We could instead cut and paste the code in question here from Hadoop and modify it for our purposes. (This was done for RPC, earlier.)

However other Hadoop-ish daemons may well want to extend HttpServer in this same way so the servlets for thread dumps and adjusting logging levels can be reused rather than cloned or reimplemented (or dropped). How HttpServer as implemented configures the container requires one to reach in a bit to set these up plus our own webapps.

Perhaps opening a jira for a cleaner framework for HttpServer extension could be useful?

Best regards,

    - Andy