Zookeeper, mail # user - Growing a cluster

+
Jared Cantwell 2011-05-05, 02:16
+
Alexander Shraer 2011-05-05, 04:02
+
Jared Cantwell 2011-05-05, 12:57
+
Ted Dunning 2011-05-05, 14:30
+
Chang Song 2011-05-05, 14:31
+
Jared Cantwell 2011-05-05, 16:11
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-05-05, 16:28
+
Jared Cantwell 2011-05-05, 16:36
+
Ted Dunning 2011-05-05, 17:07
Re: Growing a cluster
Jared Cantwell 2011-05-05, 17:12
Thanks Ted.  So based on this it seems like you'd have to go from 1 to 2
servers, and then from 2 to 3 servers, 3 to 5, 5 to 9, etc., right?

This is what we have designed and are testing, although it doesn't seem to
always be so smooth.  Sometimes the servers seem to get "stuck" on the
restart-- we're trying to collect more details.

~Jared

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> yes.  it is  a real problem.
>
> and yes, the old node(s) must have representation in the new quorum.
>
> 2011/5/5 Jared Cantwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Is this a real problem, or is there something preventing this case?  It
> > seems like you can only grow a cluster such that at least on member of
> the
> > old quorum MUST be present in the new quorum.  Is this correct?

+
Ted Dunning 2011-05-05, 17:41
+
michael.boom 2013-11-05, 14:20