Zookeeper, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.3.3 (candidate 0)

+
Benjamin Reed 2011-02-19, 04:47
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-02-19, 14:27
+
Flavio Junqueira 2011-02-21, 10:02
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-02-22, 16:00
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-02-22, 17:04
+
Flavio Junqueira 2011-02-22, 17:38
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-02-22, 18:53
+
Vishal Kher 2011-02-22, 21:09
+
Flavio Junqueira 2011-02-22, 21:24
+
Vishal Kher 2011-02-22, 21:29
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-02-22, 22:45
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-02-23, 03:38
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-02-23, 04:14
+
Vishal Kher 2011-02-23, 18:33
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-02-23, 18:55
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-02-22, 21:34
+
Flavio Junqueira 2011-02-23, 11:21
Thomas Koch 2011-02-23, 12:55
Flavio Junqueira:
> The problem is that there is a path "zookeeper-3.3.3/contrib/
> bookkeeper" containing build.xml and source code. If you try to run
> from there, it will fail. I'm actually wondering why we have the
> source code both under contrib/ and under src/contrib/. The folder
> structure under contrib/ is different and it does look like it is not
> supposed to compile (hence my confusion), and I wonder why we need it
> in the release.
>
> -Flavio
The code dupliation of contrib and src/contrib is one of the annoyances when
packaging ZooKeeper for Debian. You'd really do me a favor if you'd release a
tarball without this duplication.
(The biggest annoyance is the shipment of binary .jar files in every java
project, not only ZooKeeper. - But things are getting better slowly with
maven.)

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
+