Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release ZooKeeper 3.3.3 (candidate 0)

Flavio Junqueira:
> The problem is that there is a path "zookeeper-3.3.3/contrib/
> bookkeeper" containing build.xml and source code. If you try to run
> from there, it will fail. I'm actually wondering why we have the
> source code both under contrib/ and under src/contrib/. The folder
> structure under contrib/ is different and it does look like it is not
> supposed to compile (hence my confusion), and I wonder why we need it
> in the release.
>
> -Flavio
The code dupliation of contrib and src/contrib is one of the annoyances when
packaging ZooKeeper for Debian. You'd really do me a favor if you'd release a
tarball without this duplication.
(The biggest annoyance is the shipment of binary .jar files in every java
project, not only ZooKeeper. - But things are getting better slowly with
maven.)

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro