Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Summer of Code '13

+
Andres Danter 2013-04-10, 19:16
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-10, 19:55
Re: Summer of Code '13
Hi Andres,

Welcome, and thanks for joining us!  You are the third person to express
interest in monitoring.  I think there may be enough work to do there that
this shouldn't be an issue, it will just require a bit more coordination /
scoping to make sure everyone is working on some unique aspect of
monitoring.  (I understand that GSoC wouldn't care if multiple people had
the same project, but in my experience that can sometimes feel less
rewarding.)

Potential GSoCers, feel free to take a look at the new tickets Keith
labeled for project ideas!

Billie

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andres
>
> It seems multiple people are interested in looking into Accumulo and
> monitoring.  I just labeled the following tickets for gsoc to provide
> more options.
>
> ACCUMULO-1256
> ACCUMULO-112
> ACCUMULO-809
>
> What do people think of these issues for gsoc?
>
> I was also thinking about labeling the following ticket for gsoc, but
> was unsure.
>
> ACCUMULO-571
>

> Keith
>
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Andres Danter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My name is Andres Danter and I would like to get involved with Accumulo
> for
> > the Google Summer of Code event. I looked through the ideas posted on the
> > issue tracker, and I think that developing or integrating an existing
> > monitoring framework and/or front-end for Accumulo would be a great
> project
> > for SoC.
> >
> > Let me tell you a bit about myself.  I am a computer engineering student
> at
> > the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC).  I'm a rising
> junior,
> > and I also work part time for a small software development and IT
> > consulting company.  I have experience writing software in Java and C.  I
> > also have experience writing Python scripts and small web applications
> > using JavaScript and HTML.  I'm interested in the field of Big
> > Data/Analytics systems engineering.  I find Accumulo to be a pretty neat
> > implementation of the BigTable idea and would love to improve it in any
> way
> > I can.  My other interests are AI, robotics and distributed computing.
> >
> > Please let me know how I can best serve the Accumulo community this
> > summer.  Also, please let me know if I need to subscribe to any other
> > mailing list besides this one.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Andres

+