MapReduce >> mail # user >> Installed Hadoop on Linux server - not able to see web UI

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-16, 21:58
Re: Installed Hadoop on Linux server - not able to see web UI
Hi Raj,

The web UIs are located on different ports than the RPC ports you
specified.  If you are using MR1, the HDFS UI is typically located on port
50070, and the MapReduce UI is typically located on port 50030.

-Sandy
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed Hadoop on a Linux server psedo-distributed mode. The map
> reduce word count example also succesfully ran. But i was not able to
> access the UI from my local windows browser machine when i use like
> http://intelliserver:54310/ or http://intelliserver:54311/
>

> $ cat core-site.xml
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="configuration.xsl"?>
> <configuration>
> <property>
> <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
> <value>/software/home/hadoop/hadoop/hdfstmp</value>
> <description>This is a base for other temporary directories</description>
> </property>
> <property>
> <name>fs.default.name</name>
> <value>hdfs://intelliserver:54310</value>
> <description> The name of the default system </description>
> </property>
> </configuration>
>
> $ cat mapred-site.xml
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="configuration.xsl"?>
> <configuration>
> <property>
> <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
> <value>intelliserver:54311</value>
> <description>The host and port of the mapreduce job tracker </description>
> </property>
> </configuration>
>

> The hostname of the machine is however like this
> $hostname
> intelliserver.dmel.com
>

> So i have a company network which is dmel.com. I tried using both
> http://intelliserver:54310/ and http://intelliserver.dmel.com:54310/
> Also i did the same thing for 54311. But did not find the page.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Raj

+