Flume >> mail # user >> HDFS sink leaves .tmp files

+
Chris Neal 2012-08-29, 14:18
Re: HDFS sink leaves .tmp files
I'm still seeing this consistently every 24 hour period.  Does this sound
like a configuration issue, an issue with the Exec source, or an issue with
the HDFS sink?

Thanks!

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Chris Neal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an Exec Source running a tail -F on a log4J-generated log file that
> gets rolled once a day.  It seems that when log4J rolls the file to the new
> date, the hdfs sink ends up with a .tmp file.  I haven't figured out if
> there is any data loss yet, but was curious if this is expected behavior?
>
> Thanks for your time.
> Chris

+
Eran Kutner 2012-09-10, 15:16
+
Chris Neal 2012-09-10, 15:21
+
Kathleen Ting 2012-09-10, 17:37
+
Chris Neal 2012-09-10, 18:59
+
Chris Neal 2012-09-10, 19:01
+
Bhaskar V. Karambelkar 2012-09-10, 20:08
+
Mike Percy 2012-09-10, 22:04
+
Kathleen Ting 2012-09-10, 22:09