Hadoop >> mail # user >> running local hadoop job in windows

Re: running local hadoop job in windows
No, I hoped that it is not absolutely necessary for that kind of use. I am
not even issuing the "hadoop -jar" command, but it is pure "java -jar". It
is true though that my Ubuntu has a Hadoop set up, so maybe it is doing a
lot of magic behind my back.

I did not want to have my inexperienced Windows users to have to install
cygwin for just trying the package.

Thank you,
Mark