Hive >> mail # user >> Building dependencies into UDAF jar

Building dependencies into UDAF jar
Hi,
  I am trying to build a hive UDAF which has dependencies on other
external jars (like log4j) - is there a way in which I can bundle the
main classes for my UDAF and all the dependent jars into one jar for use in my hive query. I tried having my UDF classes at the top level and
dependency jars in a "lib" directory inside one jar and then using "add
jar UDAF.jar" but that did not work (classes from dependency jars were
not being resolved). Setting HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH environment variable
does work but requires that I have all the dependent jars separately on
the local filesystem where I run the hive query from. It would be more
convenient for me to build one self contained jar and refer to that in
my query (due to some restrictions in the cluster I run the query in) - is that possible?

Thanks,
Pradeep
+
Frank Maritato 2011-11-07, 18:47