Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-09-28, 00:13
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-09-28, 01:26
+
J. Rottinghuis 2011-09-28, 04:55
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-09-28, 18:54
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-09-29, 01:28
+
Brian Bockelman 2011-09-29, 02:24
+
Tom White 2011-09-29, 18:57
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-09-28, 17:45
Re: Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available
Alos, if Pig 0.8.2 or 0.9 is getting released soon it'd critical to have
deploy patch from PIG-1799 getting committed because at the moment Pid doesn't
deploy correct test artifacts to maven.

Cos

P.S. I think this becomes too specific of a discussion and it might find a
better place on one (or more) of the development lists.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:45AM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM, J. Rottinghuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Will have to give BigTop a try...
>
> Let me know if you have any feedback.
>
> > With the patch for ═https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2277 applied
> > Pig (0.8 for now, and 0.9 in the works) will compile and run against 0.22 as
> > well.
>
> I'm a little bit puzzled by the situation with Pig. It sounds like you need both
> Pig 0.8.X and Pig 0.9.X be compilable and usable against .22. Bigtop currently
> targets Pig 0.9.0 (since we had troubles compiling Pig 0.8 cleanly)
> but if there's
> a plan to have a release of Pig 0.8.X that would work with .22 I'd love to
> jump on that bandwagon. Any plans on releasing 0.8.2 ?
>
> As for Pig 9 -- will you be pursuing the shims strategy with your patch?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
+
Milind.Bhandarkar@... 2011-09-29, 21:10