Hive >> mail # user >> Options for Loading Side Data / small files in UDF

Options for Loading Side Data / small files in UDF
We have a UDF that is configured via a small properties file.  What are the
options for distributing the file for the task nodes?  Also we want to be
able to update the file frequently.

We are not running on AWS so S3 is not an option - and we do not have
access to NFS/other shared disk from the Mappers.

If the hive classes can access HDFS that would be likely most ideal - and
it would seem should be possible.  I am not clear how to do that - since
the standard hdfs api requires the  Configuration to be supplied - which is
not available.

Pointers appreciated.

stephenb