Accumulo, mail # user - Reverse timestamp order?

+
Mike Hugo 2013-02-15, 23:05
+
Josh Elser 2013-02-16, 01:44
Re: Reverse timestamp order?
Aaron Cordova 2013-02-16, 00:38
Mike,

There is no built in way to do this. If you are replaying history more often than you are grabbing the latest version, you may consider time-stamping the keys yourself with MAX_LONG - current system time in your ingest client.

If you want to grab the whole list and resort, the WholeRowIterator makes it easy to grab a whole rows worth of data at once, assuming your rows fit in memory.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 15, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Mike Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When iterating over multiple versions of the same key, is there a way to receive them in chronological order rather than last inserted first?
>
> For example, if I insert
>
> aKey cf1 cq1 10 aValue1
> aKey cf1 cq1 20 aValue2
> aKey cf1 cq1 30 aValue3
>
> When scanning I receive them in reverse timestamp order - which is great for retrieving the most recent version
>
> aKey cf1 cq1 30 aValue3
> aKey cf1 cq1 20 aValue2
> aKey cf1 cq1 10 aValue1
>
> If I'd like to "replay" history, should I basically grab the whole list and then invert it, or is there a built in way to do this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

+
Ed Kohlwey 2013-02-16, 01:00