HBase >> mail # user >> Rolling Restart and Load Balancer.

Rolling Restart and Load Balancer.
When we are doing rolling restarts, the load balancer is automatically
turned off.

hbase@node3:~/hbase$ ./bin/graceful_stop.sh --restart --reload --debug buldo
Disabling balancer!
HBase Shell; enter 'help<RETURN>' for list of supported commands.
Type "exit<RETURN>" to leave the HBase Shell
Version 0.94.6.1, r1464658, Thu Apr  4 10:58:50 PDT 2013

balance_switch false
false

0 row(s) in 0.4110 seconds
.
.
.
However, in the documentation, we still recommand to turn it of manually
before doing the rolling restart: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#rolling

Should the documentation be updated to reflect that it's not required
anymore to turn off the load balancer since it will be done by the script?

JM
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-17, 20:18
+