HDFS, mail # user - Could not obtain block

+
Steve Lewis 2011-11-09, 06:00
Re: Could not obtain block
Denny Ye 2011-11-11, 14:28
hi Steve,
      What's your HDFS release version? From the error log and HDFS0.21
code, I guess that the file does not have any replicas. You may focus on
the missing replica of this file.
      Pay attention to the NameNode log with that block id and track the
replica distribution. Or check the NameNode 50070 web interface to find out
concrete DataNodes. It may caused by the failure of DataNode. The final
root cause need your tracking process. Good luck

-Regards
Denny Ye