Hive >> mail # user >> hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

Re: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory
Can some one help me on this ? I am stuck installing and configuring Hive with Oracle. Your timely help is really aprreciated.

________________________________
From: Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Hive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:08 PM
Subject: hive.metastore.warehouse.dir - Should it point to a physical directory

Hi,

I am configurinig Hive. I ahve a question on the property hive.metastore.warehouse.dir.

Should this point to a physical directory. I am guessing it is a logical directory under Hadoop fs.default.name. Please advise whether I need to create any directory for the variable hive.metastore.warehouse.dir

Thanks,
Raj