Hive, mail # user - UDAF vs built in function

Re: UDAF vs built in function
Nitin Pawar 2013-08-11, 12:39
Can you explain what exactly you want to achieve?

are you trying to replace the UDFs you have written with the ones shipped
with hive-0.11?

Windowing functions do a great feature when you want to lead or lag or rank
the rows based on values inside few rows grouped together.

If you can explain your use case in detail along with approach, people may
be able to suggest some improvements.

--
Nitin Pawar