HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

+
Stack 2013-07-27, 21:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-28, 18:14
+
Stack 2013-07-28, 23:01
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 00:43
+
Stack 2013-07-29, 15:16
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 15:45
+
Stack 2013-07-29, 17:26
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-29, 17:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 18:50
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 01:46
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-30, 04:23
+
Stack 2013-07-30, 04:47
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-29, 18:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 02:02
+
Stack 2013-07-30, 03:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 04:11
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 04:51
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 05:16
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 20:55
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 21:37
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 22:29
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 23:08
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-30, 23:53
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-30, 22:28
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 00:39
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 03:20
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 04:11
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 04:38
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 16:55
+
Stack 2013-07-31, 17:31
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 19:04
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 20:19
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-31, 20:34
+
James Taylor 2013-07-31, 20:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-31, 20:53
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-30, 23:10
+
Stack 2013-08-03, 20:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-03, 21:08
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-08-03, 21:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-03, 22:10
+
Stack 2013-08-05, 15:31
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-05, 17:01
+
Elliott Clark 2013-08-14, 00:24
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-14, 00:40
+
Elliott Clark 2013-08-14, 00:58
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-14, 20:16
+
Stack 2013-08-14, 19:57
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-08-14, 20:26
+
Devaraj Das 2013-08-15, 01:39
Hi Stack

First I would like to thank you for the reviews and understand the
decision.
I would just like to highlight few facts if this does not make into 0.96
then we may have to
-> Handle backward compatability issues with WAL.  Currently inorder to
retrieve tags we write a taglength thought it is 0.  This would help us to
replay WAL with Tags.
-> Codecs like PRefixTreeCodec needs to be working for versions without
Tags.  Currently as PrefixTreeCodec is not out in any release these are not
a problem for now.

So to avoid these problems we can get these Tags on 0.96 release.  May be a
few more days of time.  Is it possible?  I can try getting people for more
reviews too.
Thanks Stack.  Nice of you.

Regards
Ram
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Devaraj Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A late breaking one- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9227.
> Kindly consider for the upcoming RC.
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I see no reason that 0.98 cannot come out a week or a month after 0.96;
> >
> >  tags is close and justification enough for a major release.
> > > I propose Andrew as RM for 0.98/1.0.0 if he is up for taking it on.
> >

> > I would be pleased to volunteer to RM 0.98.
> >
> > It will be a challenge for anyone to live up to your outstanding example
> > for 0.96.
> >
> > If I were to be your RM for 0.98, then I would suggest a .0 release in
> the
> > beginning of October. There are 42 open issues against 0.98 specifically
> > and I would like to also provide everyone some time for post 0.96 release
> > thinking.
> >
> > I am not sure we should move from 0.98 to 1.0 without another interim
> > release, that would be a call for a later time perhaps, maybe a 1.0
> release
> > at the start of January 2014.
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,