HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

Hi Stack

First I would like to thank you for the reviews and understand the
decision.
I would just like to highlight few facts if this does not make into 0.96
then we may have to
-> Handle backward compatability issues with WAL.  Currently inorder to
retrieve tags we write a taglength thought it is 0.  This would help us to
replay WAL with Tags.
-> Codecs like PRefixTreeCodec needs to be working for versions without
Tags.  Currently as PrefixTreeCodec is not out in any release these are not
a problem for now.

So to avoid these problems we can get these Tags on 0.96 release.  May be a
few more days of time.  Is it possible?  I can try getting people for more
reviews too.
Thanks Stack.  Nice of you.

Regards
Ram