Flume >> mail # user >> Using Python and Flume to store avro data

Re: Using Python and Flume to store avro data
Writing to avro files depends on how you serialize your data on the sink side, using a serializer. Note that JSON supports only UTF-8/16/32 encoding, so if you want to send binary data you will need to write your own handler for that (you can use the JSON handler as an example) and configure the source to use that handler. Once the data is in Flume, just plug in your own serializer (which can take the byte array from the event and convert it into the schema you want) and write it out.
Thanks,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan