HBase >> mail # user >> (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

+
anil gupta 2013-09-03, 23:26
+
lars hofhansl 2013-09-04, 00:35
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:03
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:06
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 05:26
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:42
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 06:04
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 06:17
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 06:29
+
Stack 2013-09-04, 21:32
Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7
@Stack: Inline

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anil:
>
> You having GC'ing issues Anil?  You hitting Full GCs pretty regularly?

While testing my cluster, i did a full table scan on a table having 600
million records(at that time very few writes were going on). I was getting
around 26sec GC's. Our JVM heap is ~30 GB. This was done around 2 month
ago. Doing full table scan took us 15 min. I dont remember much more
details about it.

> (Setting up a jenkins build as Lars suggests or having us add a note to the
> website somewhere saying 0.94 runs on jdk7 -- presuming it passes a couple
> of jenkins builds -- would be no problem... just say what you need).

I think we are good since Cloudera has certified HBase with JDK7. Cloudera
is our Hadoop vendor.

> St.Ack
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM, anil gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Inline.
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Elliott Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > So since the first question is vendor specific, lets take that off
> list.
> > >
> > > The core dumps are mostly while starting a region server up under
> > > load, but they are concerning.  They are on JDK 1.7.15, which isn't
> > > the newest. So I'm hoping that release 25 will help.
> > >
> > Anil: Yes, trying out 25 will be better. It would be great if you can
> share
> > your results whenever your try out 1.7u25. Meanwhile, i will also try to
> do
> > the same in my environment.
> >

> > > I also run YCSB on the cluster after all the tests and during those
> > > runs the region servers have been very stable.

> > > doc/link
> > > specific
> If

> as