Zookeeper, mail # user - Testing expired sessions bug?

+
Ben Bangert 2012-08-21, 20:00
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-08-21, 20:02
+
Ben Bangert 2012-08-21, 20:13
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-08-21, 20:41
+
Ben Bangert 2012-08-21, 21:30
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-08-21, 21:43
+
Ben Bangert 2012-08-21, 22:18
Re: Testing expired sessions bug?
Michi Mutsuzaki 2012-08-21, 22:39
Hi Ben,

The C binding currently does not support creating multiple connections
with the same session id. Sorry this was not stated in the
documentation. Please open a jira for this, and patches are always
welcome :)

--Michi

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Ben Bangert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it watches the bogus node but it also blocks until the second ZK instance successfully connects. I found that both of these things are necessary for reliable session killing.
>
> Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help in Python. I've set the second ZK instance to wait up to 30 seconds for a connection, and it never gets anything other than a EXPIRED_SESSION_STATE during its connection attempts. The second ZK instance is completely unable to connect using the sessionid/password of the first client. The first client never gets booted during these attempts, thus my original note on a possible bug either in:
> 1. Zookeeper
> 2. Zookeeper C binding
> 3. Zookeeper Python C binding
>
> If you can run your session killing code in a repeating test hundreds of times without the second ZK instance ever timing out on its connection attempts, it seems its probably a bug in 2 or 3.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben
+
Ben Bangert 2012-08-21, 23:08