HBase >> mail # user >> Memory distribution for Hadoop/Hbase processes

+
Vimal Jain 2013-08-04, 13:33
Re: Memory distribution for Hadoop/Hbase processes
What OS are you using ?

What is the output from the following command ?
 ps aux | grep pid
where pid is the process Id for Namenode, Datanode, etc.

Cheers

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Vimal Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have configured Hbase in pseudo distributed mode with HDFS as underlying
> storage.I am not using map reduce framework as of now
> I have 4GB RAM.
> Currently i have following distribution of memory
>
> Data Node,Name Node,Secondary Name Node each :1000MB(default
> HADOOP_HEAPSIZE
> property)
>
> Hmaster - 512 MB
> HRegion - 1536 MB
> Zookeeper - 512 MB
>
> So total heap allocation becomes - 5.5 GB which is absurd as my total RAM
> is only 4 GB , but still the setup is working fine on production. :-0
>
> My questions are :
> 1) How this thing is working ?
> 2) I just have one table whose size at present is about 10-15 GB , so what
> should be ideal memory distribution ?
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Vimal Jain