HBase >> mail # dev >> large heaps

Hi there,

During the hackathon I had some discussions around GC on large heaps.

This guy, who seems to know what he is talking about, and had a patch
accepted in hotspot jdk, said in 2011 that he's got a configuration working
reasonably well with large heaps at that time :

"I was able to keep GC pause on 32Gb Oracle Coherence storage node below
150ms on 8 core server."

(in http://java.dzone.com/articles/how-tame-java-gc-pauses)

There is a lot of stuff in his blog, some of it in Russian only, but at
least one of us will understand it.

http://blog.ragozin.info/2011/07/openjdk-patch-cutting-down-gc-pause.html
http://fr.slideshare.net/aragozin/garbage-collection-in-jvm-mailru-fin

Cheers,