HBase >> mail # dev >> [UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Regards the big features that are racing to make the 0.96 cutoff -- namely
> namespaces, tags, and serialization lib -- as I see it, Francis needs
> reviews if namespaces are to make it, tags ditto, and the serialization
> libs are nice-to-have auxillaries that can come in at any time.  If not
> done by the end of this week, then as I see it, these features do not make
> the cut.

I think it would be great if namespaces, tags, and the serialization
work are all in the RC so we can proceed to beat the shit out of it (and
them). I don't see a clamor for more so this seems to me a place to draw
the line where everyone is happy. Reviews are important but so is test and
validation as part of an RC. If there's a problem with any of them, they
can be dropped for the next.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy