Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

+
Matt Foley 2012-11-30, 01:51
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-30, 01:25
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-30, 02:26
+
Chuan Liu 2012-11-30, 03:22
+
Bikas Saha 2012-11-30, 04:27
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-30, 11:21
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-30, 12:57
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-30, 13:29
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-30, 14:02
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-30, 13:49
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-02, 18:20
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-30, 00:29
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-30, 13:20
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-30, 13:40
+
Jitendra Pandey 2012-11-30, 22:49
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-01, 10:48
+
Matt Foley 2012-11-24, 20:13
+
Ivan Mitic 2012-11-29, 23:41
+
Mahadevan Venkatraman 2012-11-30, 02:07
+
Raja Aluri 2012-12-01, 00:57
+
Eli Collins 2012-12-01, 01:08
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-01, 10:44
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-01, 18:23
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-12-13, 00:53
+
Doug Cutting 2012-11-30, 16:55
+
Joep Rottinghuis 2012-12-01, 20:28
+
Eric Yang 2012-12-02, 06:07
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-12-13, 00:55
+
Tom White 2012-12-03, 14:23
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-25, 07:18
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-11-26, 20:41
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-11-26, 18:30
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-26, 17:34
+
Colin McCabe 2012-11-26, 16:53
+
Chris Nauroth 2012-11-26, 17:44
+
Luke Lu 2012-11-26, 17:25
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2012-11-26, 21:16
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-26, 21:52
+
Radim Kolar 2012-11-26, 22:17
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-26, 16:16
+
Adam Berry 2012-11-26, 16:45
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-25, 12:39
+
Doug Cutting 2012-12-03, 18:37
+
Matt Foley 2012-12-03, 19:21
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It is intended to be a "technical discussion", in the sense of the bylaws
> statement (in section "Roles and Responsibilities: Committers"), "Committers
> may cast binding votes on any technical discussion regarding any
> subproject."  I therefore intended it to be a majority vote of Committers.

I'm not sure how you conclude that technical discussions are resolved
with majority votes.

> Interestingly, this need to discuss tooling and other issues that go beyond
> a simple "code change" is not addressed in the "Decision Making: Actions"
> section of the bylaws.  That need seems to have been overlooked in the
> current rev of that section.  But I do not agree that such issues are "code
> changes"; it relates to the tools we depend on to make code changes, which
> is clearly qualitatively different.

I don't see a striking difference between this and a proposed code
change.  How is a -1 here fundamentally different than a veto on a
patch submitted to HADOOP-9082?

Doug
+
Matt Foley 2012-12-03, 22:08