Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It is intended to be a "technical discussion", in the sense of the bylaws
> statement (in section "Roles and Responsibilities: Committers"), "Committers
> may cast binding votes on any technical discussion regarding any
> subproject."  I therefore intended it to be a majority vote of Committers.

I'm not sure how you conclude that technical discussions are resolved
with majority votes.

> Interestingly, this need to discuss tooling and other issues that go beyond
> a simple "code change" is not addressed in the "Decision Making: Actions"
> section of the bylaws.  That need seems to have been overlooked in the
> current rev of that section.  But I do not agree that such issues are "code
> changes"; it relates to the tools we depend on to make code changes, which
> is clearly qualitatively different.

I don't see a striking difference between this and a proposed code
change.  How is a -1 here fundamentally different than a veto on a
patch submitted to HADOOP-9082?

Doug