Hadoop >> mail # general >> HBase trunk on 0.23 Was: Update on hadoop-0.23

+
Ted Yu 2011-09-29, 01:56
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-09-29, 02:16
Re: HBase trunk on 0.23 Was: Update on hadoop-0.23
I don't see hadoop-hdfs artifact being downloaded during the build. I see
hadoop-hdfs-test, but not hdfs itself. This is likely to be a problem because
location of the interface in question is the same as it was back in 0.22

Cos

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 07:16PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Minor correction to Todd's report, currently HBase TRUNK doesn't compile
> > against 0.23 (
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-23/42/console
> > ):
> >
> > [ERROR] /home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-23/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/FSHDFSUtils.java:[35,38]
> > cannot find symbol
> > [ERROR] symbol ═: class FSConstants
> > [ERROR] location: package org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol
> > [ERROR]
>
> Yup. That's exactly what I'm seeing:
>     http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop23/COMPONENT=hbase,label=lucid/2/console
>
> Which is weird. The delta between .22 and .23 is not that great as far
> as HDFS APIs are concerned,
> so what makes it work for one, but not the other?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686... 2011-09-29, 06:40
+
Ted Yu 2011-09-29, 06:45