HDFS >> mail # user >> hdfs system crashes when loading files bigger than local space left

+
Vitaliy Semochkin 2010-07-14, 11:16
Re: hdfs system crashes when loading files bigger than local space left

On Jul 14, 2010, at 4:16 AM, Vitaliy Semochkin wrote:
> Sometimes hadoop allows to load amount of data bigger than local space on the node.
> Sometimes hadoop crashes and I have to reformat hdfs.

a) Have you set a reserved size for hdfs?

b) Are you loading data from the datanode?
+
Vitaliy Semochkin 2010-07-15, 08:11
+
Allen Wittenauer 2010-07-15, 17:26