HBase >> mail # user >> 2 differents hbase.hregion.max.filesize at the same time?

2 differents hbase.hregion.max.filesize at the same time?
Hi,

I have a 400M lines table that I merged yesterday into a single
region. I have previously splitted it wrongly. So I would like HBase
to split it its way.

The issue is that keys are very small in this table and the 400M table
is stored on a <10G HFile.

I still can use the split option on the HTML interface, but I was
wondering if there was a way to tell to hbase that the max filesize
for this specific table is 1G, but remains 10G for the other tables?

My goal is to split this table into at least 8 pieces. So worst case,
since I know the number of lines, I can "simply" look at x/8 lines,
note the key, and continue. Then do the split. But is there a more
"automatic" way to do it?

Thanks,

JM
+