HBase >> mail # user >> Scanner timeout -- any reason not to raise?

+
Dan Crosta 2013-03-17, 18:46
Re: Scanner timeout -- any reason not to raise?
Which HBase version are you using ?

In 0.94 and prior, the config param is hbase.regionserver.lease.period

In 0.95, it is different. See release notes of HBASE-6170

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Dan Crosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We occasionally get scanner timeout errors such as "66698ms passed since
> the last invocation, timeout is currently set to 60000" when iterating a
> scanner through the Thrift API. Is there any reason not to raise the
> timeout to something larger than the default 60s? Put another way, what
> resources (and how much of them) does a scanner take up on a thrift server
> or region server?
>
> Also, to confirm -- I believe "hbase.rpc.timeout" is the setting in
> question here, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Thanks,
> - Dan

+
Dan Crosta 2013-03-17, 20:56