Flume, mail # dev - Flume Spooling Source Issue

Flume Spooling Source Issue
Tim Driscoll 2013-07-25, 22:51
Sorry if this should have been sent to the user@ list.  I've run into an
issue when upgrading from Flume 1.3.1 to Flume 1.4.

I'm using the Spooling Directory source (I kept the same configuration
between the two versions).  As we were running through some tests, we found
that the source was throwing an exception when parsing a file (I attached
the file with only the offending entry).

I downgraded back to 1.3.1 and verified that the file was parsed without
error.  I noticed the new default Charset is UTF-8, I'm not sure what it
was in 1.3.1.  It's possible this is the issue.

Please let me know if you need more info, or if this should be directed to
a different mailing list.

Here's the stack trace:
25 Jul 2013 15:40:03,605 ERROR [pool-3-thread-1]
(org.apache.flume.source.SpoolDirectorySource$SpoolDirectoryRunnable.run:173)
 - Uncaught exception in Runnable
java.nio.charset.MalformedInputException: Input length = 1
        at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.flume.serialization.ResettableFileInputStream.readChar(ResettableFileInputStream.java:169)
        at
org.apache.flume.serialization.LineDeserializer.readLine(LineDeserializer.java:134)
        at
org.apache.flume.serialization.LineDeserializer.readEvent(LineDeserializer.java:72)
        at
org.apache.flume.serialization.LineDeserializer.readEvents(LineDeserializer.java:91)
        at
org.apache.flume.client.avro.ReliableSpoolingFileEventReader.readEvents(ReliableSpoolingFileEventReader.java:221)
        at
org.apache.flume.source.SpoolDirectorySource$SpoolDirectoryRunnable.run(SpoolDirectorySource.java:160)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown
Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown
Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks,
Tim