MapReduce >> mail # dev >> 2.1.2 (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta)

Re: 2.1.2 (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta)
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, sorry if it wasn't clear.
>
> As others seem to agree, I think we'll be better getting a protocol/api stable GA done and then iterating on bugs etc.
>
> I'm not super worried about HADOOP-9984 since symlinks just made it to branch-2.1 recently.
>
> Currently we only have 2 blockers: HADOOP-9984 & MAPREDUCE-5530. Both of which are PA and I've reviewed MR-5530 and is good to go (thanks Robert). Hopefully we can finish up HADOOP-9984 asap and we'll be good.

We've had several reviews for HADOOP-9984 and are currently just
waiting on a +1.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will the 2.2 release be made
from branch-2 or what is currently named branch-2.1-beta?  If it is
the latter, we have a few backports we'll need to do.

Colin