Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Command-line arg instead of myid file?

+
Matthias Ogden 2013-09-30, 21:13
Re: Command-line arg instead of myid file?
FYI - management of the myid file and zoo.cfg is one of the raison d'etre of Netflix Exhibitor: https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor

On Sep 30, 2013, at 2:13 PM, Matthias Ogden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The "myid" file is currently causing me a fair bit of grief because I have
> to manually create the file on each host in my cluster.
>
> Is there a philosophical reason why it wouldn't be possible to change
> ZooKeeper to support a command-line argument instead of the myid file? Then
> I could provide custom launch args to each instance while leaving the host
> bootstrapping alone.

+
Cameron McKenzie 2013-09-30, 23:09
+