Zookeeper, mail # user - Maximum size of a snapshot

Re: Maximum size of a snapshot
Thawan Kooburat 2013-07-16, 04:50
Max snapshot size:

Here is my take on these issue,  others feel free to add or correct.

1. Depends on how much RAM your machine has.  Snapshot is should be less
than the available RAM since everything is loaded into memory.
2. Depends on what is the availability guarantee that the client needs.
If there is leader election, every machine need to reload the data from
disk. So the quorum will be down for at least the same as snapshot loading
time. The session timeout on the client side should be at least longer
than expected downtime during leader election.

--
Thawan Kooburat