Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Multiuser setup on Hive

+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 09:48
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-11-22, 09:54
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 06:46
Re: Multiuser setup on Hive
Hi Austin

In hive currently you can have permissions only on the hdfs layer not on the metastore. The current hive metastore don't have multiuser permission support. Any user will be able to drop the metadata information now.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin Chungath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 12:16:24
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Multiuser setup on Hive

Hi,

I had been trying to set up a multi user environment for hive.
I have set up the hive metastore db in MySQL and hive works.

Consider this scenario:

user1 has created a database data1
user2 has created a database data2

Now user2 logs into hive and he is able to see and delete database data2

How do I prevent this?

Regards,
Austin

+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 07:12
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2012-11-22, 07:40
+
Austin Chungath 2012-11-22, 08:26
+
Dean Wampler 2012-11-22, 14:14