Kafka, mail # user - tried following kickstart, says unknown host name

tried following kickstart, says unknown host name
S Ahmed 2012-05-03, 01:06
I downloaded 0.7, updated and packaged using sbt.

I was able to run zooker, but when I tried running the kafka server I got:

Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.net.MalformedURLException:
Local host name unknown: java.net.UnknownHostException: myhostname:
myhostname

(where myhostname was my host name :)  )

Do I need to tweak the config property files or something?   I didn't touch
anything, just wanted to get it going.