Accumulo >> mail # user >> problem installing accumulo

+
Tim Piety 2013-01-03, 17:02
+
John Vines 2013-01-03, 17:07
+
Tim Piety 2013-01-03, 17:23
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-03, 17:37
+
Tim Piety 2013-01-03, 19:14
Re: problem installing accumulo
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Tim Piety <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Keith,
>
> http://accumulo.apache.org/user_manual_1.3-incubating/Administration.html#Installation
> is the link I used. I didn't find a link from the accumulo site. I think it
> may be an older page becuase I couldn't find anything regarding installation
> from the main accumulo page. I did a google search on "install accumulo" and
> this was one of the pages.

There is an Initialization section, after the configuration section,
at this link.

> Tim
>

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Tim Piety <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > John,
>> >
>> > No I hadn't. Thank you that was it. I to another look at the install doc
>> > and
>> > didn't see this step in there.  I then looked at the README file on the
>>
>> What install doc where you looking at?  Want to make sure we open a
>> doc bug if needed.
>>
>> > ACCUMULO website and it is in there.
>> > I was able to start accumulo and then start an accumulo shell and
>> > execute
>> > the tables command and it listed !METADATA. I presume that this means I
>> > am
>> > up and running.
>> >
>> > I am going to use the enron dataset for my demo. I do have a few
>> > questions
>> > regarding how to structure it if you don't mind a few more questions.
>> >

>> > thanks again.
>> >
>> > Tim

+
Tim Piety 2013-01-03, 19:33