Pig >> mail # user >> Invoking pig scripts from java

+
Siddhi Borkar 2013-04-23, 06:50
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-04-23, 06:58
+
Siddhi Borkar 2013-04-23, 08:17
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-04-23, 08:33
RE: Invoking pig scripts from java
Thanks a lot Prashant.
Is it possible to redirect the output generated by the pig script to a file? I need to do this in the java code and not in the pig scripts. I have some customer provided pig scripts which I am not allowed to modify,
Hence I need to do this in java. Is there any way of doing this?
-----Original Message-----
From: Prashant Kommireddi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Invoking pig scripts from java

Both are used to run pig scripts. PigRunner uses a more direct way in using the exact grunt code path to execute a script.

PigServer on the other hand provides a bunch of helper methods that could be useful (for eg, setting a job name, deleting/renaming files, job priority, running individual queries etc). So you don't have to set them as properties within your script.

You would use PigRunner exactly the same way as running pig via CLI passing the args to suggest pig script name etc, additionally it takes in PigProgressNotificationListener as an argument if one is interested in providing custom implementations of it.

Prashant Kommireddi 2013-04-23, 18:37
+
Siddhi Borkar 2013-04-24, 04:33