Hive >> mail # user >> Fw: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator

+
Praveenkumar Ch 2012-10-12, 06:40
+
suneel hadoop 2012-10-12, 07:18
Re: Fw: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator
You familiar with SQL?

I'm sure this manual will help. https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Praveenkumar Ch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi I am new to hive and we have a requirement for converting terra-data
> queries to hive queries. So i was successful converting them.. so far.....
> but now i have a teradata query that has BETWEEN operator in it, i don't
> know how to convert using hive equi-joins.. can someone help me??
>

> here is my query:
>
> SELECT *
> FROM account a, timezone g
> WHERE
> a.create_date BETWEEN g.start_date AND g.end_date ;
>
> =====-----=====-----====> Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
> and any attachments. Thank you
+
Bejoy KS 2012-10-12, 09:58