HBase >> mail # user >> Never ending distributed log split

Re: Never ending distributed log split
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Me again ;)
>
> I did some more investigation.

It would really help to see the region server log although the fsck
output might be enough.

BTW you'll find 0.94.1 RC1 here:
http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.1-rc1/

> And I found that:
>
> http://pastebin.com/Bedm6Ldy
>
> Seems that no region is serving my logs. That's strange because all my
> servers are up and fsck is telling me that FS is clean.

I don't get the "Seems that no region is serving my logs" part. A
region doesn't serve logs, it serves HFiles. You meant to say
DataNode?

> Can I just delete those files? What's the impact of such delete? I
> don't really worrie about loosing some data. It's a test environment.
> But I really need it to start again.

I wonder if it's related to: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6401

Did you remove a datanode from the cluster as part of the maintenance?

If you want you can probably move that folder aside but whatever was
in those logs is lost (if there ever was anything) until it gets
replayed properly.

Kinda weird that a file wouldn't have any blocks like that, would be
interesting to see the log of the region server that created it.

J-D