Accumulo >> mail # user >> Waiting for accumulo to be initialized

+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 14:10
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 14:27
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 14:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 14:44
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 14:47
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-27, 14:52
+
Aji Janis 2013-03-27, 15:20
Re: Waiting for accumulo to be initialized
"0 live nodes"  that will continue to be a problem.

Check the datanode logs.

-Eric
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I removed everything under /opt/hadoop-data/hadoop/hdfs/data/current/
> because it seemed like old files were hanging around and I had to remove
> them before I can start re-initialization.
>

> I didn't move anything to /tmp or try reboot.
> my old accumulo instance had everything under /accumulo (in hdfs) and its
> still there but i m guessing me deleting stuff from hadoop-data has deleted
> a bunch of its stuff.
>
> i tried to restart zookeeper and hadoop and it came up fine but now my
> namenode url says there 0 live nodes (instead of 5 in my cluster). Doing a
> ps -ef | grep hadoop on each node in cluster however shows that hadoop is
> running.... so i am not sure what I messed up. Suggestions?
>
> Have I lost accumulo for good? Should I just recreate the instance?
>

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Your DataNode has not started and reported blocks to the NameNode.
>>
>> Did you store things (zookeeper, hadoop) in /tmp and reboot?  It's a
>> common thing to do, and it commonly deletes everything in /tmp.  If that's
>> the case, you will need to shutdown hdfs and run:
>>
>> $ hadoop namenode -format
>>
>> And then start hdfs again.
>>
>> -Eric
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I see thank you. When I bring up hdfs (start-all from node with
>>> jobtracker) I see the following message on url:
>>> http://mynode:50070/dfshealth.jsp
>>>
>>> *Safe mode is ON. The ratio of reported blocks 0.0000 has not reached
>>> the threshold 0.9990. Safe mode will be turned off automatically.
>>> **2352 files and directories, 2179 blocks = 4531 total. Heap Size is 54
>>> MB / 888.94 MB (6%) *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> Whats going on here?