Accumulo >> mail # user >> Is anyone using serialized iterators to provide provenance data?

+
David Medinets 2013-05-15, 18:51
+
Christopher 2013-05-15, 20:25
Re: Is anyone using serialized iterators to provide provenance data?
I don't see those as covering the same ground. Let's say I have an Accumulo
table for a given human's genome. As a scientist, I want to apply a set of
filters to create a subset of the genome. This provides a transform from
data-set A to data-set B. Since iterators were used for the transform, we
could serialize the set of iterators used by the transformation. Both
data-sets are immutable. Think git for data-sets.
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think this might relate to ACCUMULO-1397, in the form of providing a
> mechanism to specify iterator profiles, or ACCUMULO-415.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM, David Medinets
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If you apply a set of iterators to one table to produce another, it seems
> > possible to serialize the iterator stack alongside the new table in some
> > catalog to provide provenance. The assumption is that the tables are
> > immutable, I think. Is anyone doing this or has anyone thought about
> doing
> > so? Just curious and wanted to ask before I forgot about the idea.

+
Josh Elser 2013-05-16, 00:58
+
David Medinets 2013-05-16, 22:06