Accumulo >> mail # user >> Is anyone using serialized iterators to provide provenance data?

Re: Is anyone using serialized iterators to provide provenance data?
I don't see those as covering the same ground. Let's say I have an Accumulo
table for a given human's genome. As a scientist, I want to apply a set of
filters to create a subset of the genome. This provides a transform from
data-set A to data-set B. Since iterators were used for the transform, we
could serialize the set of iterators used by the transformation. Both
data-sets are immutable. Think git for data-sets.