HBase >> mail # user >> coprocessor is timing out in 0.94

+
Agarwal, Saurabh 2013-03-28, 22:18
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-28, 22:22
Re: coprocessor is timing out in 0.94
bq. I checked thread dump

If there was no exception in region server logs, thread dump of region
server when your coprocessor was running would reveal where it got stuck.

>From your description below, looks like you can utilize HBASE-5416 Improve
performance of scans with some kind of filters.

bq. to apply the filter on one of the column

Basically this column is the essential column.

Cheers

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> bq. when I removed the filter, it ran fine in 0.94
>
> Can you disclose more information about your filter ?
>
> BTW 0.94.6 was just released which is fully compatible with 0.94.2
>
> Cheers
>
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Agarwal, Saurabh <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are in process of migrating from 0.92.1 to 0.94.2. A coprocessor was
>> running fine in 0.92. After migrating to 0.94, the client is timing out
>> (java.net.SocketTimeoutException).  We are using coprocessor to apply the
>> filter on one of the column and return the columns that match with that
>> filter criteria. I checked thread dump, region server, web UI, logs. There
>> is no error or exception.  One thing I noticed that when I removed the
>> filter, it ran fine in 0.94 as well.
>>
>> Please advise if there is any specific setting we need to make in 0.94.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Saurabh.

+
Agarwal, Saurabh 2013-03-29, 01:51
+
Marcos Luis Ortiz Valmase... 2013-03-29, 02:36
+
Agarwal, Saurabh 2013-03-29, 13:49
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-29, 14:13