Hadoop >> mail # general >> Plans for the 0.22 Release

Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
My question is
    What would be an *ACCEPTABLE *resolution of HADOOP-6685 for *YOU *to
move *0.22* forward?
Asking Owen as the author of the patch, Doug and Tom as they vetoed it.

If I am asking the wrong question please let me know.
I am not proposing a particular solution, just trying to understand
1. if there is any
2. What is it if there is.

If, say removing dependency for Avro and updating the patch symmetrically
removing PB dependency is a solution, if there is a solution to SequenceFile
and byte array issues, then lets do it.
If not then lets face it.

Thanks,
--Konstantin