MapReduce >> mail # user >> Classic(MapReduce 1) cluster in Hadoop 0.23 just won't listen

Classic(MapReduce 1) cluster in Hadoop 0.23 just won't listen
Hi again

Why does it seem to me that everything Hadoop 0.23-related is an uphill
battle? :-(

I'm trying something as simple as running a classic(MapReduce 1) Hadoop
cluster. Here's my configuration:

core-site.xml:
<configuration>
     <property>
       <name>fs.default.name</name>
       <value>hdfs://samplehost.com:9000</value>
     </property>
</configuration>

hdfs-site.xml
<configuration>
      <property>
          <name>dfs.replication</name>
          <value>3</value>
      </property>
</configuration>

mapred-site.xml
<configuration>
   <property>
     <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
     <value>classic</value>
   </property>
   <property>
     <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
     <value>samplehost.com:9001</value>
   </property>
     <property>
     <name> mapreduce.jobtracker.address</name>
     <value>samplehost.com:9001</value>
   </property>
</configuration>

yarn-site.xml
<configuration>
</configuration>
Well, I start the thing and do a netstat -l , and there's no one
listening on port 9001. There are no errors in the logs, and no mention
of that port, either.
Obviously, all Map/Reduce examples fail with Connection Refused.

Starting the same cluster using a MapReduce 2 (YARN) configuration works
properly.

Regards,

Alexander