Avro >> mail # user >> help with Avro compilation...

help with Avro compilation...
Hi,

I had to re-create my local Maven repository, and since then I'm not able to
compile Avro (I need to do it to test a patch).

Just to make sure I'm doing the right thing:
1. Get the 'trunk' from SVN
2. mvn install (at trunk/avro/avro-mapred)

It always fails on stuff related to 'Idl', for example:

Error injecting constructor, java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation
problems:
The import org.apache.avro.compiler.idl.Idl cannot be resolved
The import org.apache.avro.compiler.idl.ParseException cannot be resolved

I noticed that there's indeed no Idl.java. but there is:
compiler/src/main/javacc/org/apache/avro/compiler/idl/idl.jj
(it looks like someone explicitly renamed the file).
Anyway, this class seems to be needed in various projects.

Does anyone have an idea what is happening and how it can be resolved?

Thanks a lot,
Nir